Ready to pack smart for your beach vacation? Here’s my ultimate take on a stress-free and perfect beach vacation packing list!
At Leisure, we all crave adventure, travel, and all sorts of vacation ideas. We always ensure we go to all terrains at least once every year. However, the past two years have been ruthless and pathetic to us, especially me, who is a die-hard beach bum!
I love beaches. I know it sounds like a cliche, but I really do love beaches.
I often wish I were a sea shell or a crab; that way, I could have been closer to waves my entire lifetime. (only if someone did not step on me and crack me open in a hot pot of boiling water!)
But, I do love beaches a lot. I love beaches so much that I collect beach sand from all the beaches I have visited so far in my life and bottle them up in tiny transparent glass bottles with corks and display them around my house.
So, who better to ask for beach vacation packing tips?
Here are some of the essential things and pieces of advice you should know before we dive deep into our luggage and packing bags.
Before we get started, you should consider a few things so you are piling up and preparing the right items for your vacation.
Yes, you are dreaming of spending your entire day lazing around the sunny beaches sipping on vacation mimosas!
Personally, I am so happy for you. But is the weather in your control? Are you Thor?
It could get chilly during the night, even on the sunniest days. So, before heading out to get your luggage, consider the weather forecast and local reports of the beach you are visiting. Check out online sources to get an idea of what the potential weather conditions are going to be like. You can pack accordingly.
The entire duration of your vacation will decide the amount of clothing and other things you need to pack. But, as a clear rule, pack enough undergarments to wear every single day you are there. You should have a pair or two extra!
If the entire purpose of your vacation is to get together with your loved ones for any form of celebration - birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, etc., you will need to dress at your finest! So, you will require extra storage for the best of your dresses, shoes, accessories, and makeup to go with it. Ensure other items in your luggage are kept at a minimum in such cases because your primary focus would be on the acceptable attire.
Pro Tip - If you are planning to pack for a wedding or any sort of celebration, ensure you are carrying an extra garment bag or a dressing carrier. Invest in good-quality ones to ensure your finest attire stays protected while traveling.
You should always pack a set of spare clothes in your carry-on for just one reason - your suitcases can be loaded on the wrong flight. Just because it has not happened to you does not mean it does not happen to others. It is always worth it to keep a set of spare clothes in cases of emergencies.
Keep your set of clothes at a minimum level. Only pack weather-appropriate garments to keep everything lightweight and compact. A clean t-shirt, some shorts/joggers, clean underwear should be enough to get you through this emergency situation!
Now that you have my advice, we can move on to discussing the ultimate beach vacation packing list catered to all kinds of travelers. I have covered all bases in this list, even when you think this is too extreme. But remember, you can always pack items as per your needs and requirements and your travel style. You do not necessarily have to pack everything on this list.
Get out your most trusted luggage bags. Ideally, you should take one suitcase, a weekender duffle as your carry-on, which you can even slide under the seat on your flight, and a large tote bag with a small waller/sling bag or both inside it to cover all your needs. But, depending on your travel style, you can carry just one of these bags or more, if you like it.
Start gathering all of your items together and lay them out in front of you before putting them inside your bags. Take a good long look; if it does not fit inside your bag, try to trim it down to take the essential items. You can always leave one-two items at home. Remember, traveling light is the key!
1. Arrange for your pets
2. Change oil and filters in your vehicle (If you are traveling by your car)
3. Check for all kinds of route detours (If you are traveling by your car)
4. Check for your car’s tire pressure (If you are traveling by your car)
5. Check your destination’s weather and temperature.
6. Get a wheel alignment (If you are traveling by your car)
7. Plan all of your stops - where will you stop for a bite, where can you buy your essentials, etc. This comes in handy, especially for people traveling with kids.
8. Give your neighbor an extra set of your house keys.
9. Put your house lights on a timer.
10. Put together an emergency kit for your travel.
11. Stop all kinds of mail deliveries or postpone them.
12. Turn all your electronics and lights off.
13. Turn your thermostat down.
14. Unplug all your unnecessary items and appliances like your curling wand or toaster.
1. Your undershirts, bras, and underwear (Do not forget your sports bra) (one for each day)
2. Casual dresses
3. Casual shirts
4. Casual skirts
5. Dress shirts (1-2)
6. Fancy skirts (1-2)
7. A pair of jeans
8. A light jacket
9. 2-3 PJs
10. 3-4 Shorts
11. Socks (3-4 pairs)
12. Suits (1-2, only if you are attending certain themed events)
13. Stockings (Only if necessary)
14. Swimsuit (3-4 pairs)
15. Swimsuit coverups
16. T-shirts (3-4)
17. Tank tops
18. Workout clothes (only if you are really willing to hit the gym at your hotel/resort)
19. Flip Flops and sandals (2-3 pairs)
20. Gym shoes (again, only if you are really keen to hit the gym at your hotel/resort)
21. Heels and dress shoes (2-3 pairs to match your fancy outfits)
22. Leisure shoes (2 pairs)
1. A belt (or two belts) (Definitely don’t forget your dressy belts for themed events!)
2. Jewelry to match your outfits
3. Shady hats (1-2)
4. Your purse or sling bag, or both.
5. Tie (for your suit and other dressy outfits)
1. A large, roomy tote/beach bag
2. A beach blanket
3. Beach chair
4. Beach towels
5. Beach toys (if traveling with kids)
6. Beach umbrella (only if feasible to carry)
7. Any flotation devices like water wings, etc.
8. Snorkeling gear
1. Any games (board games, card games, etc.)
2. A list of addresses and contact information of your loved ones and emergency contacts
5. Magazines and books (2-3)
6. Bottled water
7. A bottle cooler (only if you can carry it feasibly)
8. Credit cards
9. First Aid kit
11. A laundry bag or a garbage bag for sandy clothes
12. Your medication, along with a list.
13. Sealable plastic bags for carry-on
14. Travel iron or garment steamer
15. A multiplug adapter
1. Your tickets and travel documents
2. Your valuables (if any)
3. Antibacterial wipes
4. Face masks
5. Hand sanitizers
7. Camera along with batteries or charger
8. Camera film
9. Camera memory card
11. Credit card, ATM card, or traveler’s check
12. Your smartphone
13. Your iPad or other tablets
14. Chargers for your smartphone and iPad
15. Change of clothes (keep at least one pair of clothing in your carry-on)
16. Emergency contact information
17. An empty water bottle (You can fill it up post-security check)
18. An eye mask
20. Headphones or Airpods
21. A healthy snack
22. Your ID
23. House keys
24. Travel insurance cards or copies
25. iPod with charger
26. Itinerary copies
27. Valuable jewelry
28. MacBook or laptop with charger
29. Lip balm
30. A pen
31. Passport (if traveling overseas)
32. Photo of luggage in your phone in case of loss
33. Prescription medication
35. A travel pillow
36. Travel blanket
If you are traveling with a baby, ensure you also pack the following items in a separate bag:
1. Baby food
2. Baby formula
6. Sunscreen for babies
7. Spoons and cups
11. Car seat (if traveling by car)
12. Changing pad
14. Diaper bag
15. Diaper rash cream
16. High chair (if you can carry it feasibly)
17. Breast pumps and other nursing supplies
19. Pediatrician’s number
20. A portable crib
21. Sippy cups
23. 1-2 stuffed animals
24. Swim diapers
25. Teething ointment
26. Teething toy
27. 1-2 toys
28. Wet wipes for babies
1. Aloe vera gel
3. Body lotion
7. Contact lenses with solutions/glasses
8. Cotton balls
9. Facial wipes
10. Dental floss
12. Face cleanser
13. Feminine hygiene products
14. First aid ointment
15. An extra pair of glasses
16. Hair accessories
17. Hairstyling appliances
18. Hairstyling products
19. Insect repellent
21. Makeup remover
24. Nail clippers
25. Nail file
26. Over the counter medications
30. Shaving cream
31. Shower gel or body wash
So, there you go! This is your ultimate beach vacation packing list to cover all kinds of needs for all types of travelers. Be sure to follow our blog for more such savvy travel tips and hacks. Bookmark this blog for further use, or share it with someone who needs this!
Happy vacationing to you!