Alaska cruise trips have continuously received immense popularity as one of the best northern cruise destinations. Owing to this status and fan-favoritism, Carnival Cruise line is all set to offer multiple cruises to Alaska, the northern frontier in 2022.
There are planned sailings for each week from May through September on Carnival Cruise Line’s recently refurbished Carnival Miracle and Carnival Freedom. So, we all have the opportunity to choose from carefully curated eight scenic itineraries voyaging to the top Alaskan ports, along with multiple scenic cruises around some of the most stunning glaciers.
So, no matter what Carnival cruises you pick for your Alaska Cruise Trip in 2022, each one of them will offer you amazing onboard experiences, activities, signature attractions, as well as specialty dining options, complementing the vacation experience to the Last Frontier.
Now, since there are only a few options available to travel aboard Carnival cruises, here is a brief breakdown of what you can expect from the cruise line and their ships for your Alaska cruise trip in 2022.
Carnival Cruise Line has been celebrated as the world’s most popular cruise line for many years. The cruise line carries over a million passengers every year. The focus of this cruise line is on offering its customers great value, some really amazing choices, and fun at the same time, all at competitive prices.
Most of their “fun” ships house all the amenities and activities you could ask for, especially for solo travelers. They also have features catered towards people traveling with children and multigenerational families. Here is what you can expect on your sailings for Alaska cruise trip in 2022:
- A diverse selection of specialty dining facilities.
- Bars, lounges, and special nightclubs
- Great entertainment options like live musicals, theater productions, comedy shows, theme parties, etc.
- Dedicated areas for adults
- Sporting facilities and activities
Onboard the cruise, your children will not be bored as well. There are plenty of activities to keep them busy and entertained on your Alaska cruise trip as a part of their specialized programs.
- Camp Ocean for children aged 2-11
- Circle “C” for tweens and teens aged 12-14
- Club O2 for teens aged 15-17
- Dr. Seuss at Sea themed activities and events like the interactive story time, character parade, character breakfast, arts and crafts, and more
- Kids’ centric activities, sports courts, mini-golf, basketball, and volleyball
For their sailings to Alaska, Carnival cruise line will be heading to the top-rated ports. These ports are known to offer a wide range of excursions. Guests can visit the seaside towns while they are traveling here. Towns like Skagway and Ketchikan are great to partake in all kinds of outdoorsy fun.
In the capital city, Juneau, you can catch a glimpse of Alaskan history by getting to know more about its gold mining past. You can also explore the pastoral Sitka, where mountains, forests, and oceans meet. When finished with that, you can savor the charming British Columbia, with its English Gardens and high tea facilities.
Cruisers can also partake in multiple other outdoor activities, including hiking, whale watching, kayaking, and embracing the breathtaking vistas of nature. Alaska is known for its beautiful landscapes and is also known as the Land of the Midnight Sun.
Homeport - San Francisco, California
Ports of call - Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, and Icy Strait Point, and Victoria, British Columbia.
Scenic Cruising - Tracy Arm Fjord
During 2022, Carnival Miracle is going to offer a 10 days cruise on 7 different itineraries. Carnival Miracle was built in 2004 and was recently refurbished in 2020. The ship can house over 2,100 guests and over 900 crew members, which is an amazing ratio for all kinds of services.
Things to expect on Carnival Miracle:
On your Alaska Cruise Trip sailing in 2022, you can expect the following from this ship:
- Multiple all-inclusive options like the Guy’s Burger Joint by the famous chef Guy Fieri, Seaday Brunch and Iguana Cantina.
- Four different exquisite specialty dining venues - Sushi, The Whimsical Green Eggs and Ham, Chef’s Table, and the Steakhouse.
- 12 different bars and lounges
- An adult-only pool and spa and 2 other pools
- Retreat lounge for adults only
- Water parks with slides, including the Twister waterslide
- Live entertainment options like Lip Sync Battle and karaoke
- Broadway-esque musical productions like Epic Rock
- A comedy club
- Theme parties and deck
- Dedicated kids and youth programs
- Activity zones including mini golf
- Military appreciation event
- Build–A–Bear Workshop
Recently renovated in 2020, Carnival Miracle now has a fresh appeal. There is something for everyone in the family and even for solo travelers.
For their 10-day itinerary, the prices of sailings look like a great value, starting at about $800 during the shoulder season. With its port of calls and all other scenic viewings, the itinerary Miracle offers is like a great sampling of breathtaking glacial views and Alaskan ports.
Of the entire fleet by Carnival, Miracle offers a better percentage in terms of cabins with ocean views. Approximately 64% of their cabins come with balconies, which is better than what most offer. Their balcony view, especially when you are going for an Alaska cruise trip, offers great views and scenic beauty like no other.
Ideal for sailing to the Last Frontier, into cooler weather, Carnival Miracle’s pools also come with a retractable roof, keeping all guests cozy. The cruise ship also comes with two promenade decks that create a great flow for movement, with less chances of being congested for the guests.
Homeport - Seattle, Washington
Ports - Alaska, Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, and Victoria, British Columbia
Scenic Cruising - Tracy Arm Fjord
Carnival Freedom is a 7 days cruise that sails every week from May to September in 2022. The cruise ship was built in 2006, but was also recently refurbished in 2019. The ship can house over 2,900 passengers and over 1,100 crew members.
On these cruise ships, guests will definitely not be bored since there is a wide selection of different entertainment options, all kinds of amenities, and a great selection of restaurants.
- Multiple all-inclusive options like the Guy’s Burger Joint by Guy Fieri, Seaday Brunch, Mongolian Wok, Pirate Pizza, Lido Marketplace, and Blue Iguana Cantina.
- Specialty dining options like sushi, steakhouse, and seafood.
- 12 different bars, lounges, and nightclubs
- 3 outdoor pools with one dedicated purely to adults
- An adults-only spa and retreat
- Live entertainment like casino, comedy club, karaoke, and the Lip Sync Battle
- Theme parties and deck
- Musical productions like Epic Rock
- Youth and kids programs
- Activity zones like arcade and mini-golf
- Dive in movies
- Waterworks with their famous 203-foot long slide.
- Build A Bear
Itinerary prices for Carnival Freedom cruise ship for Alaska Cruise Trip 2022 seem to be pretty great. They offer great value for a price range as low as $600 in shoulder season. There are multiple other sailing options for every week from May through September, offering great traveling options.
You also get to visit four different scenic ports during your Alaska cruise trip, like the Tracy Arm Fjord, offering a stunning view of the two glaciers and multiple other opportunities to see the enthralling beauty of Alaska.
Going by Leisure’s Travel Guide reviews for the two sailing options in 2022, Carnival Freedom takes the most points. Their activities serve multiple generations at the same time. Moreover, the ship Carnival Freedom sails from a pretty convenient port of Seattle. This will make your airfare cheaper. Overall verdict - There is an abundance of options available for cruisers choosing to travel on Carnival Freedom for their Alaska cruise trip in 2022.