“What did you buy in the city of love?” is a common question people will ask after your Paris vacations. Apart from museums and monuments, Paris is also the city of fashion. Every avenue is flooded with boutiques and stores.
Our travel guides will break the myth that Paris is a lavish city and only for the affluent. This French capital is ideal for fashion, window shoppers, designer clothes, and discount hunters. Our Europe leisure travel guides curated a shopping guide starting from expensive designer brands to modest-budget goods to make your trip a lot easier. Let’s dive into it.
Suggested Read: 9 Useful Travel Accessories - Vacationing like an Absolute Pro!
1. The Golden Triangle is the best part of the city for tourists with a Parisian dream. Triangle D'or is a feast for shopaholics who are keen to wear authentic French clothing. The avenue is full of opulent department stores, from upscale boutiques to high-end designer clothes. It is the grand merchandise spot for all Paris fashion lovers.
The luxury hub of Paris is home to elite designers like Dior, Louis Vuitton, Hermès, Chanel, and Balenciaga.
You can get anything here if you are ready to spend those extra euros on fashion. The high-end avenue sells designer jewelry from Bulgari, Linen from Porthault linens, and perfumes from Caron. It is a must-visit place during your Paris vacation.
Suggested Read: Smart Shopping Tips For Your Next Europe Trip
2. Avenue des Champs-Élysées is often referred to as the most beautiful avenue in the world. The one-mile stretch with a view of Arc de Triomphe’s majestic structure is filled with luxury boutiques, flagship stores, and restaurants. It is a cherry on top for linen lovers.
3. Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré is another iconic avenue in Paris. It is the official residence of the French Republic, with embassies lined up to showcase the beautiful heritage through architecture. For shopping, it is a luxury stronghold. Hermès, Prada, Louboutin, Cartier, and many other famous brands offer fashion lovers expensive clothes, leather shoes, and classy boutiques.
4. Canal Saint-Martin is lined up with a vast collection of home decors, furniture, bags, homewares, and ceramics. It is flooded with small home goods and luxury retail outlets. Europe leisure travel guides believe that this is an ideal spot for a shopping spree. With a great ambiance, tourists can look to quench their thirst for shopping right here.
Galeries - Paris never leaves art lovers empty-handed. People stroll around Galeries, as it is the best place to find Paris’ culture and heritage through the artworks.
5. Galerie Vivienne is the hotspot for luxury shoppers, ornamented with beautiful shops, cafes, and boutiques. It is located on the other side of Palais Royal.
6. Galeries Lafayette - One of the best shopping malls in Paris, it is built to be a luxury bazaar. The 1912 Paris landmark is worth exploring and shopping for all kinds of luxury items.
7. Guerlain is a must-visit place to get the authentic fragrance of Paris. You can gift these perfumes to your loved ones. They come in gorgeous bottles and are a great souvenir from your Paris vacation.
Quick Tip - In France, the month of July and January is popular for Les soldes (Sale season). The summer and winter sales happen for four weeks, with increasing discounts every week. You can get deals up to 75% if you visit Paris vacation at the right time.
Paris never compromises on quality. After all, we need outfits and accessories with Paris’ essence, right?
1. Marais district is located on the 3rd and 4th arrondissements filled with trendy boutiques, classy restaurants, and vintage shops.
2. Rue de Rivoli - Like the Golden Triangle, one should not miss the renowned departmental store. From elegant fashion wear to chic accessories, these bohemian streets never fail to amaze the tourists on Paris vacations.
Europe leisure travel guides recommend marking the nearby streets, Rue de Turenne, and Saint Paul Village on your way. You can find more affordable goods of the best quality. You can get plenty of handmade antiques, artworks at discount rates and carry them on your return journey.
Suggested Read: Leisure Travel Guide to Picking the Best Albania Souvenirs
1. Val d’Europe- Comprises 160 major designer brands and a wide range of home accessories.
2. La Vallee Village- Comprises 120 boutiques with excellent quality in designer picks. These outlets are five minutes from Disneyland Paris.
Les Puces de Saint-Ouen market, often referred to as Les Puces, is one of the world’s largest and oldest flea markets.
There are over 3000 traders and 180,000 visitors every weekend. It is inevitably a busy shopping hub. It is the best spot for affordable shopping. Antique furniture, toys, art, ceramics, books, and clothes are available at an economical price.
The market located at the center of Paris opens on Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays. Before visiting the flea market, pre-plan the best route for a pleasant weekend.
If you think that Paris is only known for fashion and clothing, then you are mistaken. Every year, people fly from all over the world to buy stamped books, which are more valuable than most clothes.
Shakespeare and Company is a heaven for book lovers. It is an English bookstore where legendary writers Fitzgerald and Hemingway spent their time. Bookaholics should plan this spot on their Paris vacations.
Miel Factory manufactures honey and honey products, exporting them to other countries. Our European leisure travel guides suggest almond honey and blueberry honey from the Miel Factory if tourists plan to gift their friends with some low-calorie, local sweet.
Picasso Museum gift shop is a must-visit place that showcases Picasso’s artistic works. People can even buy gifts for their loved ones from this shop. Plan your Paris vacations with Picasso.
Le Bon Marche is among the oldest departmental stores in the world. When you are there, don’t miss the grand food emporium in La Grande Epicerie. It is known for unique french dishes and delicious pastries.
Mariage Freres is a gourmet tea company that runs five tea rooms in Paris, delivering the world’s finest tea for tea lovers. The interior itself is grand, with a long row of high-end tea tins welcoming us in different flavors.
La Maison du Chocolat and Gaillais invite the whole world to taste and witness the beauty of chocolates. This place is an incredible treat for chocolate lovers and kids.
Don’t forget the macarons from Pierre Herme stores. With these beautiful shopping spots, your Paris vacation will become an experience of a lifetime.
More For you: