Dive Deep into Sri Lankan Beauty with 7-Day Customized Sri Lanka Itinerary
A week into the Sri Lankan paradise has the power to rejuvenate the mood like nothing else. The 7-day trip of Sri Lanka will encompass the wonders of the best landscapes and will explore the cultural, historical and topographical beauty of the Island nation. Read More
A week into the Sri Lankan paradise has the power to rejuvenate the mood like nothing else. The 7-day trip of Sri Lanka will encompass the wonders of the best landscapes and will explore the cultural, historical and topographical beauty of the Island nation. The highlights of the trip include:
Srilanka Holiday Package Highlights:
- Visiting the Yala National Park to find Elephants, leopards, monkeys and 215 types of avifauna.
- Marvel the ancient Buddha figures etched into the cliffs of Buduruwagala Temple.
- Visiting the most spiritual sites of Sri Lanka i.e Adam’s Peak which is situated at an altitude of around 7,350 feet.
- Get on with Private tours to historical tea plantations.
- Checking out the beauty and scenario of Kandyan Drum.
- Relishing on the dance performance and get an insight into the cultural advancement of the country.
- Learning of the landscapes of the country with trekking to the Devon Hills which is around 320-feet tall.
- Enjoying the ambiance of a Buddhist temple complex which has been erected more than two millennia ago at Tissamaharama Raja Maha Vihara.
Srilanka Itinerary Trip at a Glance:
- Day 1: Arrival at Kandy and Venture to the Stylish Countryside at Kandy
- Day 2: Get on to a scenic car drive to the tea plantation tour in Bogawantalawa
- Day 3: get on top to Adam’s Peak while exploring the local towns of Bogawantalawa
- Day 4: Drive through the beautiful countryside of Sri Lanka in route to Yala National Park
- Day 5: Game Drive and discovering the wildlife at Yala National Park
- Day 6: Final Transfer to Colombo to tour the rest of the city
- Day 7: Colombo – Depart for Home
Day 1: Arrival at Kandy and Venture to the Stylish Countryside at Kandy
The first day will see arrival at Colombo Airport and then transfer to Kandy or direct arrival at Kandy Airport. Kandy is known as the last royal capital of Sri Lanka and has a great ambiance to start the trip from. Traveling from Kandy Airport to the city will give you an amazing opportunity to gaze at the marvels of the countryside of Kandy. The road leads you into the hills, framing the lake as the centerpiece of the city at an altitude of 1,640 feet above sea level. It feels as though the cooler hilltop temperature creates a more relaxed pace. Your guide would introduce you to the culture and history which is on display in Kandy. The adventure begins in from the Ceylon Tea Museum at Kandy.
Day 2: Get on to a scenic car drive to the tea plantation tour in Bogawantalawa
The morning of the second day would see the transfer to the temple city of Bogawantalawa which has a sense of perfection in it. Their green collar nearly blends into the emerald hues of the leaves. Small waterfalls form along the edges of the roadway, disappearing behind the sprawling jade tea fields. Women in colorful clothing tend to the crops, bending over the bushels to reach the verdant leaves.
Day 3: Get on top to Adam’s Peak while exploring the local towns of Bogawantalawa
On the third day, your guide will take you to the heights of Adam’s peal while also exploring the local towns there. The hills in this region reach up to a height on nearly 5000 feet above the sea level. Nature and the beauty spread here are second to none in the world with manicured gardens, the touch of English essence to the countryside and the pristine lakes. After breakfast, you can visit the base of Adam’s Peak from where you can start your tour to the most religious site of Sri Lanka. The root for the sacred place also goes to Hindu beliefs of the footprint of Shiva while Muslims and Christians believe that the rock to be Adam’s first footprint after he was exiled from Eden.
Day 4: Drive through the beautiful countryside of Sri Lanka in route to Yala National Park
The fourth day of the tour will see you visiting the Buddhist trail at the Yala National park. Your guide will escort you to the gates of the park which will also include a scenic drive through the countryside and the beautiful valleys of Sri Lanka. Here, you will travel through the hills and forests in order to reach the monument at Buduruwagala. This cliff contains the figures of Buddha carved into the rock as a face. the tallest of the statues here measure 50 feet.
Day 5: Game Drive and discovering the wildlife at Yala National Park
On the fifth day of the trip, you will wake up at the luxury hotel situated inside the Yala National park where you can feel the freshness and shrillness of nature. When you stand on the golden sand with the sound of water overlapping at your feet, you will be transcended to a new world. You will require to venture out before sunrise with a private guide on a game drive. This park is known to have the highest density of leopards in the world. The landscape is covered with many water reservoirs, marshy lands, and too much forest. This landscape creates home for more than 44 species of mammals and 215 varieties of birds in the sanctuary.
Day 6: Final Transfer to Colombo to tour the rest of the city
On the sixth day of the trip, you would visit the ancient Buddhist temple of Tissamaharama Raja Maha Vihara before getting transferred to Colombo for takeoff. This complex was built around the 2nd century. It served as the educational center for the Buddhist culture until the 11th Century AD. The stupa at this place rises to almost 156 feet with a circumference of around 550 feet. The galleries were built in the 18th Century by the colonialist and the structure belonged to the Governor of the Province. When you enter the place, you will be greeted by the 9th Century statue of Buddha who would smile at you with all the pleasures of the world.
Day 7: Colombo – Depart for Home
On the sixth day itself, you will be transferred to Colombo with assistance. Here you can check in to your hotel and the departure would be made the next day. Do not forget to buy souvenirs for your home from Colombo.
Leisure offers the best value of price to make your vacation perfect in all respect. The price depends on the below criterion
- Type of tour (Group or individual)
- Travel Date
- No of Days
- Transportation & Accommodation
- Other custom preference
- Please inquire for a custom quote that best suits your dream tour
MAKING AN INQUIRY
Most tours are customized for private travel according to your preferences and dates. Click below to tell us what you're looking for: